The client is the number one mobile handset brand based in Bangladesh, with its business spread out across every part of Bangladesh. The brand has been enjoying indisputable leading position in mobile phone industry since 2008.
The client realized the need for a strong customer support setup to go along with their strong product sales and repair facilities. The client was curious to find a partner who could support them in eliminating the risk of failure and could cater to their unique needs. The challenges faced by the client were:
- Single point of contact for all the Customer Care (CC) Centers’ queries spread out across the country
- Enhanced pressure for product support to the technical team due to a rapidly expanding customer base
- Demand for reduction in turnaround times for rapidly increasing customer base
- Demand to reduce support costs
We identified the problems and assembled a dedicated team to give support to the engineers & staffs who were working at the CCs. We also set-up a secure and dedicated Level-1 support operations center with voice, email and chat-support infrastructure.
The entire solution was implemented in a series of phases:
- Started first with one-point of contact for all facets of operations – customer, engineers, head-office
- Initially started with voice support and chat support and later included e-mail and Facebook support
- Implementation of the severity levels of support in the form of a resolution process
- Implementation of CSAT (customer satisfaction) surveys to measure the metrics of the CCs
- Implementation of an escalation process to escalate the critical defects to the engineering teams
- Implementation of a call tracking system to collate all call-related data and central CRM
- Creation of a formal training program to improve support operations
- Establishment of a dashboard and MIS to improve support operations
We were able to meet all the requirements of the client within 3 months of the commencement of the project. In this period, we were able to improve the quality of the client's support operations and enhance their overall business process.
Some of the areas of improvement included:
- Reduced workload for the engineering team
- Implementation of 24x7 support operations
- Improved support for country-wide customers
- Diminution in the overall costs as a result of out-sourcing
- An exponential increase in customer satisfaction